We’re almost halfway through the January transfer window, and the market is gaining momentum amid an action-packed weekend on the pitch.
Kylian Mbappe’s future remains a major talking point with the reluctant Paris Saint-Germain forward over his future, and he is now said to have offered a short-term contract to deflect interest from Real Madrid.
Los Blancos are among the teams most likely to sign Erling Haaland, and updates for Borussia Dortmund’s next step continue to arrive thick and fast. Manchester City, Barcelona and Manchester United are also keen on the Norwegian.
At Old Trafford, rumors of Cristiano Ronaldo have not spread anywhere while Eric Bailly is the latest red devil linked to turn away.
Spurs appear set to bolster their squad this month with Adama Traore on the radar and Tanguy Ndombele one of the many players ready to step up, at the right price.
Meanwhile, Chelsea are seeking defensive reinforcements amid an injury crisis at the back. The left-back to cover the injured Ben Chilwell is a priority, as are the new contracts of Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen.
Arsenal are on the hunt this month as well, but their focus is still up front with Dusan Vlahovic a key target and Diego Costa surprisingly linked. A new midfielder would also come in handy, as the Gunners have very few options.
Stay tuned for all the major market updates on Saturday…
Louis Becker to leave Chelsea
An emotional day for Louis Becker as he ended his long relationship with Chelsea and joined Stoke City.
Arsenal Ladies continues the recruitment process
Two signatures in two days for Arsenal!
Real Madrid want to sign Calvin Phillips
According to the Spanish newspaper, El Nacional, Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti is “obsessed” with the idea of contracting Leeds United and England midfielder Calvin Phillips.
Yorkshireman has struggled with injury this season but has made a huge impact at Euro 2020.
Next Galactico in the making?
Move the fight to Jed Wallace
According to The Sun, Millwall star Jed Wallace is attracting a huge amount of attention from elsewhere.
Reportedly, the likes of Besiktas, Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest are keen to lure him away in the summer at the end of his contract, with Wallace said to be frustrated at not being allowed to leave this month.
Southampton keen on Dean Henderson
Southampton are reportedly considering a move to Manchester United’s Dean Henderson, according to Football Insider.
Solidly behind David de Gea in the standings at Old Trafford, the 24-year-old is understood to have told the club he wanted to leave.
The Saints – who were forced to sign Willy Caballero on a short deal earlier this season – could make a move now.
Ralph Rangnick has called on Cristiano Ronaldo to continue expressing his frustration at Manchester United
Ronaldo recently gave a lengthy interview to Sky Sports in which he regretted the current situation of Manchester United.
While, given the size of the circus going along with the striker, it was always likely to make headlines around the world, Ralph Rangnick backed the player.
“If it is necessary to speak in a very direct way with the boys, it helps a lot, even in the locker room,” he said.
“If Cristiano for example or any of the other players direct it to the players directly on the pitch or in the dressing room, we welcome them to do so.”
Few rules out the sale of Sven Putman
Newcastle United were dealt another transfer blow with Lille boss Oliver Letang confirming that Sven Putman will not be sold this month.
The Dutchman has been the subject of a number of bids from the club.
Gary Neville angry over Tottenham’s cancellation of Arsenal clash
Newcastle agree to personal terms with Germany national team
According to Sky Italia, Germany international Ruben Goossens has agreed to personal terms before moving to Newcastle United.
Currently with Atalanta, the left-back could become the latest addition to Eddie Howe’s rebuilding process.
Barcelona issues a warning to Ousmane Dembele
According to FootMercato, Barcelona has informed Ousmane Dembele that he will not play for the club unless he extends his contract.
The French striker – one of the most expensive players in the game’s history – will be a free agent in the summer and has so far ignored any new deal progress.